Permits & Applications

Application for Utilities

New to Kechi? Visit our New to Kechi page for utility information and other services. Already know what services you need, easily fill out the Utility Application form. 

Alcoholic Beverages / Drinking Establishment License

You need this license if you create an establishment serving alcohol. See Chapter III of our city code for more information.

Business License Applications

A business license is required for any person, firm or corporation, either as principal or agent or employee to conduct, purse, carry on or operate any calling, trade, profession, or occupation in the city.  Each license is valid until December 31st of the third year after license is obtained.  After January 1, 2024, the fee for each is $30.  There is no fee for renewals.  Please submit applications to

Contractor License

If you are a contractor and do work in Kechi, you must have a current license on file with the city to ensure our residents receive quality work that is compliant with city code. There are four different types of contractor licenses: building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical. Licenses are valid for three years. 

For license approval, please supply the following documentation:

  • Application fee
  • Completed Contractor License Application
  • Copy of State Certification (Building Contractor License, Class S only)
  • Copy of Wichita License, Sedgwick County License, or Block Test
  • Proof of general liability insurance issued to the City of Kechi for a minimum of $300,000; $100,000 / $300,000 for bodily injury insurance; and $100,000 for property insurance

Permit Applications

Always call City Hall before you start construction to ensure that the documentation and permit are correct for your project.

Transient Merchant License (Solicitor’s Permit)

A Transient Merchant License is required to do any door-to-door solicitation within the City of Kechi. To acquire Transient Merchant License, please contact City Hall at 316-744-9287.