Licenses & Permits
Always call City Hall before you start construction to ensure that the documentation and permit are correct for your project.
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Electric Permit Application (PDF)
- Land Disturbance Grading Permit (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application
- Solid Waste Collection Permit Application (DOCX)
If you are a contractor and do work in Kechi, you must have a current license on file with the city to ensure our residents receive quality work that is compliant with city code. There are four different types of contractor licenses: building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical. Licenses are valid for three years.
For license approval, please supply the following documentation:
- Application fee
- Completed Contractor License Application
- Copy of State Certification (Building Contractor License, Class S only)
- Copy of Wichita License, Sedgwick County License, or Block Test
- Proof of general liability insurance issued to the City of Kechi for a minimum of $300,000; $100,000 / $300,000 for bodily injury insurance; and $100,000 for property insurance
Alcoholic Beverages / Drinking Establishment License
You need this license if you create an establishment serving alcohol. See Chapter III of our city code for more information.
Transient Merchant License (Solicitor’s Permit)
To acquire Transient Merchant License, please contact City Hall at 316-744-9287.